Thursday, January 15, 2009

January Week 2

Thursday 8/1/09 - Home

Dear Diary,
I will be very brief as I am exhausted. Just a couple of things before I go to bed. Just now I got a blog where I will be posting a strictly edited version of what I write - I think it will help me keep on track with writing every day. I'll explain more tomorrow.
Also I just had a chat to Scott for the first time in ages (he's in the States with Amber). Good stuff :). More tomorrow.
Desperately need sleep

Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 9/1/09 - Home

Dear Diary,
So to elaborate on last night...Yesterday I got a blog. I am using it to publish edited versions of what I write - maybe people will know me a bit better because of it. We'll see how it goes :)
As I also mentioned yesterday, I had a good chat to Scotty for the first time in ages, I think for the first time since he has been in the States. He and Amb are getting married soon. Sadly I won't be able to make it in person due to being stone-broke, but I've promised them that I will be there in spirit, which of course I will!
Okay - 2am. I should SO be asleep now! Nighty night.
Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday 10/1/09 - Home

Dear Diary,
Today I got a new pen pal. Her name is Fatima, and she is from Brazil. We met via Pemberley.com, an online community of Jane Austen fans. She is a lot like me...romantic, loves to read, all that jazz. This is exciting - I am looking forward to getting to know her. She is the third of six children from a homeschooling family. I hope we will become good friends. She writes in English very well. Unfortunately in Brazil they speak Portugese, not Spanish, so she may not be able to help me learn, which is a shame.
Also I have decided that Mondays will be the day that Pieces of Me gets updated. My goal is to update regularly for this year and see what opportunities that will bring for next year. I will need to get a new journal (kinda soon...you are almost full to bursting!) When I do manage to fill you up, you can go in my glory box for safekeeping. You can hang around for when my girls are teens.
Oh, I also printed my quilt photos for a scrapbook, so maybe in a few days I can start on that too.
Well I am off to sleep so I will catch you later. Night!
Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 11/1/09 - Home

Dear Diary,
Recently I have been listening to 'Don't Cry Out Loud' from The Boy From Oz a lot. It's been really hitting home with me because lately I've been feeling a lot like I just want a good cry and then I'll feel better, but I can't figure out why and the tears won't come. It's very strange. Yep, this means more lyrics!



Don't Cry Out Loud - Peter Allen




Baby cried the day the circus came to town
'Cause she didn't want parades just passing by her.
So she painted on a smile and took up for some clown
While she danced without a net up on the wire.


I know a lot about her, 'cause, you see
Baby is an awful lot like me...


We don't cry out loud,
We keep it inside,
We've learned how to hide our feelings.
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall
Remember, you almost had it all.


Baby saw that when they pulled that big top down,
They'd left behind her dreams among the litter.
And the different kind of love she thought she'd found
Was nothing more than sawdust and some glitter.


But Baby can't be broken, 'cause, you see,
She had the finest teacher, that was me, I told her
Don't cry out loud,
Just keep it inside,
Learn how to hide your feelings.
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall,
Remember you almost had it all.
Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside,
Oh and learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall,
Remember you almost made it
Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside
Learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall,
Remember you almost had it all.
I think this is quite a sad song but I can really relate to the whole keeping guard up thing. Hopefully it will get better soon. I think I'll have a sleepover with Stanley my birthday bear. Well I am gonna hit the hay coz i'm going back to school tomorrow yay! Goodnight love xoxo
Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday 12/1/09 - Home
Dear Diary,
Well I ended up NOT going back to school today they're renovating and so playgroup was called off and they forgot to tell me - aargh! Frustrated! Oh well, at least I got my room clean! And I started my craft scrapbook, too, which is fun! I have done a title page, and a page for Sarah's blanket. Tomorrow I'll try and get some of Shaun's quilt spread done. I need to keep going on my runner too.
I am starting TAFE again next Monday, and I will be absolutely working my butt off! I will be very tired and all, but I will do everything I can to keep my promise of writing to you each night. Emily gets to come down for my birthday for a week - yay! By then I will have finished my first placement...busy busy!
Well I am a little sleepy and I need to get up earlyish and put some washing on. Talk tomorrow.
Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday 13/1/09 - Krauses
Dear Diary,
Girlie is sleeping here next to me tonight, so I shall have to be quick.
Today Leah came over which was interesting. And Em's parents are letting her come for a week yay! So hopefully we can sort that very soon.
I am also sorting out my work placement tomorrow and (hopefully!) getting Diary Vol. 2 - I'll just get a boring one and cover it with awesome paper.
Well I had better get this light off so miss Tea can sleep. Nighty night!
Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday 14/1/09 - Home
Dear Diary,
Work placement is all organised - yayness! Mel, JP, Doo, and I popped out this morning and I got TWO boring notebooks for really cheap, so they are both covered prettily now :D. I put my goal list in the front of the one I plan on using first. It's pink this time, instead of purple. There's a purple one, too, but I thought some variety might be nice.
While we were out today, I also got a really pretty scarf. It's huge and has butterflies made out of flowers on it. It's luverly!
Em is going to start staying at Mel's in my off weeks. I think she'll enjoy it.
I don't know why I'm feeling insecure a lot lately...I shall have to talk to someone.
Well goodnight. I am falling asleep into my pen.
Laurey xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday 15/1/09 - Home
Dear Diary,
I have 3 more days of freedom left until I lose my social life/free time/sleep. I start TAFE again on Monday...I have 4 weeks of written work, then two weeks' placement, and then I get my early Easter holiday! Millie and I set dates today - she is coming from the 1st to the 8th and my party is on the 7th. It's very exciting! I am asking everyone to bring their favourite teacup. We don't have a lot so I thought that would be a fun idea. I'm looking forward to seeing Em, I miss her a lot.
Also it was Bek's 21st today. I wrote on her facebook wall but it's not the same as her being here. I would love her to be here for my birthday, but I somehow doubt that. Well I will have everyone else...I miss my Bekky though.
So far my guest list is:
  • Emily
  • Sarah
  • Anna
  • Mum
  • Emma
  • Mel Mowday
  • Laura Mowday
  • Mel Krause (and maybe Girlie)
  • Claire
  • Chloe
  • Kelsey
  • Chey

Plus me equals 14! Wow. Good thing they're bringing their own cups! I'll add in more details as more stuff is planned.
I need to go to bed - it's a late one tomorrow! Night!
Laurey xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment